|Classification||Cannonau di Sardegna DOC|
|Grapes||Cannonau 90% along with other local traditional red grape varieties|
|Origin||Sarcidano - Sardinia|
|Winemaking||Fermentation, at controlled temperature, takes place in 50 hl Slavonian oak truncated conical vats and maceration on the skins lasts about 15 days. Soft pump-over and delestage are carried out|
|Aging||Stored for more than two years in 10 hl tonneaux|
|Alcoholic content||12,5% Vol|
|Serving Temperature||16-18 °C|
|Food pairings||First courses of earthy cuisine, roasts, game and semi-aged cheeses|
|Additional Notes||Contains Sulfites|
|Format||75 cl bottle|
‘Soi’ – Cannonau di Sardegna DOC – Agricola Soi
Soi from the Agricola SOI winery in Nuragus village in the Sarcidano region of Sardinia is a Cannonau di Sardegna DOC still red wine made from 90% Cannonau grapes and other indigenous vines of the area for the remaining 10%.
The grapes are grown on granitic disintegration soil, which is very deep and rich in magnesium. Vineyards are trained to low spurred cordon, with Simonit and Sirch pruning system, non-irrigated, yielding between 40-50 quintals per hectare.
Harvesting takes place between the first and second ten days of October; hand-picked grapes arranged in crates arrive intact at the winery where they are immediately crushed and gently destemmed.
In the winery, fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature in 50 hl Slavonian oak truncated conical vats and maceration on the skins lasts about 15 days. Soft pumping over and delestage are carried out. The “SOI” ages for more than two years in 10-hectoliter tonneaux.
Soi Cannonau di Sardegna DOC is ruby red in color with garnet highlights. Nose is fine and at the same time complex, with hints of dried rose petal and ripe fruit such as plum; the floral and fruity sensations are well balanced by an elegant spiciness and a slight hint of Mediterranean scrub combined with an unusual savoriness that closes in the finish reminiscent of brackish notes.
In the mouth, the wine has a tannicity that is never invasive, always balanced, allowing the wine great length.
At the table it goes well withfirst courses of earthy cuisine, roasts, game and semi-aged cheeses.
It is recommended to serve at a temperature of 16-18 °C.
Stefano Soi’s SOI is produced in about 5-6 thousand bottles per year depending on the vintage.
Aggiungi 99,00€ al carrello e ottieni la spedizione gratuita!
SKU: #soi_cannonau_soi Categories: Agricola Soi, Red Wines, Sardinian Wineries, Wines of Sardinia Tags: Agricola Soi, Cannonau, Cannonau di Sardegna DOC, Sardinian red wines
Cannonau di Sardegna DOC
Cannonau 90% and other local grapes